Spring garden flower and herb salad
By the chef
- 1 oak leaf
- 1 bunch of rocket, 1/2 bunch of cress, 1 iceberg lettuce, 1 red lettuce, 1 aubergine
- 3 Charlotte potatoes
- 1 Roma tomato
- Herbs: sage, oregano, fennel, parsley, chervil, tarragon, spring onion shoots.
- Flowers: roses in julienne slices (thin slices), primrose petals, daisies, violets.
- Virgin hazelnut oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Special olive oil for cooking
- Quince vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey or honey vinegar
- Salt, pepper
- Prepare the aubergine by slicing it into half centimetre thick slices, lengthways.
- Fry with a dash or special olive oil for cooking and the honey or honey vinegar. Brown well on both sides. Place on absorbent paper.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices. Fry in special cooking olive oil until golden.
- Season the salad mixture with quince vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Position in a dome on the plate, position the aubergine to match this, add the hot potatoes, place a quarter of the Roma tomato at the front of the plate.
- Decorate with spring onion shoots, herbs and flowers.
- Before serving, drizzle with virgin hazelnut oil.